I have done it again. I have created a perfect smoothie. A perfect yellow smoothie - with a secret healthy twist.
I have decided to call it The Morning Glory smoothie. Here's the ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk (carton kind)
1 ripe banana (brown spots!)
1-2 cups frozen mango (I buy mine in bulk at Costco)
1 tbsp tumeric (MUAHAHA)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown rice protein
Blend baby blend.
SO UN-BELIEVABLY DELICIOUS.
And yes, tumeric is an ingredient. Why? Because tumeric is known for a TON of health benefits including:
- it's a natural anti-inflammatory
- it increases the antioxidant capacity of the body ! shweet.
- it boosts your brain power > improves function and lowers the risk of brain diseases
- can lower your risk of heart disease (let's face it boys & girls, heart disease is a huge killer here in Canada)
- can help prevent cancer (there are even links to a possible treatment for cancer)
- arthritis patients respond really well to tumeric and curcumin in their diets and treatment plans
- benefits people with depression!
- can help delay aging and help fight age-related diseases
- just two teaspoons have 17% of your daily manganese intake, 10% of your daily iron intake, as well as 3%+ your daily intake of vitamin B6, fiber, and potassium !
- improved liver function
- helps lower cholesterol
Overall it's just an awesome spice/herb. This smoothie is an easy, and delicious way to pack it into your diet. So try it out today!