I don't often say things like this, but this recipe is the best beef fajita skillet I have ever had. It's become a staple in my house, and an all time favourite. It's even toddler approved. I think what the greatest part of this recipe is, is that it is SO versatile. My fave ways to eat it are on top of cauliflower rice with some homemade salsa and quacamole, or on top of a baked sweet potato. It is also super delish in a wrap. It's easy, and holds up in the fridge all week - so you can make a big batch.
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 bell peppers in different colours, diced (yellow, red, orange or green)
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp lime juice
1. In a large pan, brown the beef and break it into small pieces with your spatula. You want it to cook evenly. It takes about 5-7 minutes.
2. Remove the beef from the pan, and set aside. Totally optional: drain the excess fat away from the beef. I usually don't do this step because the fat adds flavour.
3. There will be a small amount of fat in the pan, so add the ghee now. Add all your veggies, garlic and the salt and sauté until tender. This step takes about 5-7 minutes as well.
4. Add the browned beef back into the pan with the veggies, and toss to combine. Now add all of your seasonings. Here these amounts are recommended, but often I add more of each depending on how spicy I want the beef. You want to warm all the ingredients together for about 2 minutes.
5. Once all combined and warmed, add 1 tbsp of lime juice and stir.
And that is seriously it. It's super easy, full of flavour and can be used in SO many different ways. You could even do taco night or fajita night in.